It's always nice to have your parents visiting you in the U.S. Whether your parents' visit is for family reunion, playing with grandchildren, tourism, or vacation, visitor health insurance is very important.
There are a lot of health issues that can rise during their visit. Based on age, most parents can easily experience emergency conditions like heart attack, stroke, asthma attack, high blood sugar, and more. These conditions are typically related to age or different pre-existing conditions.
India Network Health Insurance advises every parent visiting from India to take a health insurance plan that covers pre-existing conditions. Recent analysis of claims data shows that majority of high volume and high dollar value claims are originating from pre-existing conditions. An insurance policy without pre-existing coverage is limited to accidents and new problems only, which are not frequent and costs much less.
What is the best visitor health insurance for parents visiting USA?
*The most recommended plan is CHUBB Network 80/20: This is a comprehensive plan that treats both new and pre-existing illnesses the same way. After deductible, CHUBB Network plan covers for 80 percent of medical expense, and the insured is responsible for the remaining 20 percent. It is a great plan for older people and people with pre-existing conditions.
*CHUBB Premier Plan. This is a fixed benefit plan that is also good for people with pre-existing conditions. It’s affordable to fit different budgets and great for different age groups.
* AXIS plan is a very affordable plan that provide coverage for both new sicknesses, accidents, and pre-existing conditions. This is a fixed benefits plan which is limited to acute onset coverage only.
The most important thing to keep in mind before buying a visitor health insurance is to read and to understand the plans and exceptions. It is good to know what will be covered and how the coverage process works, so that you can align your needs to the insurance plan that will better work for you and your family. Call us for more information about our visitor medical insurance plans today!
If I bring my parents with visitor visa, can they get health insurance?
Yes, they can get visitor health insurance from India Network Foundation. Visitor health insurance is not only important to your guest, but also to you as a sponsor. We offer different health insurance plans for parents visiting USA. Visitors can get insurance coverage depending on their age, health, budget, and time of their stay. Visitor medical insurance is designed to cover for emergency medical needs, accidents and new sicknesses. Anything can go wrong during the visit, that’s why we provide affordable and reliable health insurance to all U.S. visitors.
My parents have green card, but they live in India and come to the U.S. to visit. Can they get visitor health insurance?
Our visitor health insurance plans are designed for all visitors. Even though they have green card, they can still qualify for most of our plans since they are visitors to the U.S.
Do I need pre-existing coverage for my parents even though they are healthy?
Yes. Age is another factor to consider when it comes to pre-excisting conditions. We recommend plans with pre-exisitng coverage for anyone over 50 years old.
My dad has diabetes, and his condition is under control. Does he still need a plan with pre-existing?
Yes. Pre-existing plans covers for all illnesses that are originated from conditions like diabetes, heart conditions, and others. Our plans will provide coverages for heart attack, stroke, and many other conditions.
Is medical examination required when purchasing visitor insurance plan?
No, Medical examination is not required for CHUBB plans if purchased before arriving to the United States. It is only required when a visitor is already in the U.S.